General Updates

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

General Updates

Post by DeathStar »

Here are some extensions we can add to our new website: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36

I was looking at a chat extension, that would allow us to have a live chat on this site.

Also, I have a TeamSpeak server with groups and and setup icons for VoxelArmy. Everyone still uses the old TeamSpeak but I hope you guys like the new one, let me know what you think. As for now I still think we all meet on the old one.

Server address: techmaster.mooo.com
nopnotme
Playstyle: map/frag

Re: General Updates

Post by nopnotme »

hey death,
maybe something to consider adding would be a small teamspeak box on the side of main /index page that shows who is connected to the teamspeak server atm and recent chat within the server, in addition maybe we could work on irc relay that in in sync to the main page for members to see ingame chat as well ^^
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Exactly! I was thinking about seeing if phpbb had a IRC extension that would be awesome. Maybe they even have a TeamSpeak one, or we can design a custom module.
nopnotme

Post by nopnotme »

also death,
Im curious to see what a black background with red design would look like, not sure about the other clan m8s so maybe open up a poll for the css design?
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

nopnotme wrote:also death,
Im curious to see what a black background with red design would look like, not sure about the other clan m8s so maybe open up a poll for the css design?
Funnily enough, a black and red theme was actually one of our design options we liked. However, I do believe that particular design was unable to be used. Maybe we can find another black and red themed design which is compatible for this forum. :D :D
nopnotme

Post by nopnotme »

wonderful,
i agree a black and red theme would look more appealing
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

There are a lot of compatible 3.1 phpbb3 themes. This one is available in black as well and there are many other templates to chose from.

Also nopnotme and I can modify them a bit to fit the clans style.

Some ideas for the future:
- new logo
- mobile logo (iphone/ipod/android)
- new background color
- new style
- IRC extension link to chat
- Links to other sites and auto connect to IRC/teamspeak (auto-installer if you don't have application)
- TeamSpeak viewer to see who's online

This style was used because it was a clean customizable style to start out the site. We are definitely going to add a lot of stuff and modify this. The X-Treme templates we were looking it are unfortunately incompatible with our version of phpbb3 (3.1.9) which accepts themes of the phpbb version 3.1 and later. The major difference is between 3.0 and 3.1, the 3.0 extensions and styles are not compatible with 3.1. We can downgrade for compatibility with styles and extensions, or find and make new ones.

Here are some new ones:
http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-styles
nopnotme

Post by nopnotme »

Hey Death* i did the liberty of editing the styles sheet of the:
/* phpBB3 Style Sheet
--------------------------------------------------------------
Style name: PBTech
Based on style: PBWoW 3
Original author: PayBas ( http://pbwow.com/ )
--------------------------------------------------------------
*/
i made the theme black and red.
i could send you updated files or upload to the site up to you just let me know. i will continue to code more style change
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Sweet. Yeah send the style. I have to merge it with this pbtech. I changed the logo, removed the siding on the avatars, removed the copyright for phpbb and added links. Tell me what files you changed to make it red and black and I will merge the code. :)
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

Great work with the site in recent times guys! Keep up the good work!!