We should be aware of cheaters

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
FragGoD1
Playstyle: fragger

We should be aware of cheaters

Post by FragGoD1 »

Hey Va,
I am posting due to a episode which happened when i and rudi were playing. There was a guy named hacker4321 or soemthing and he was treathning rudi by saying that he would ddos cheaters and etc. Rudi was not doing anything... I wish he could just pban that guy but rudi doesnt have auth so i helped him. One suggestion is to have a behavoiur detecter which goldmod already has enabled which directly kickes a play which either says the f word or says something discriminating. Deathboy can u try to get this on ire servers so so we could be more safe on va servers?
Thank you guys, and have a wonderful christmas :)
P L A Y M O R E F R A G M O R E :evil:
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Re: We should be aware of cheaters

Post by Fredd »

Language is allowable if there is a solid reason for it but if its not needed then there is a problem

Hackers are something that no one but themselves can stop, i have learnt the same with fakers at the end of the day they are just looking for a reaction. Think if they fake you that should be a pleasure becuase that means the look up to you and pretend to be you. Everyone sees kids wearing Spiderman costumes well its like that, you may be their "Hero" so to say.

Its a good idea but all we can do with hackers is move to a va server and make it locked and ban them if the decide to keep causing trouble.

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
FragGoD1

Post by FragGoD1 »

I agree with u fredd, but ddosing is something we should take seriously because its happned before..and some of the members dont even have auth to stop them.Fredd, bad langauge should not be tolerated and not when its directly accused to one of the members. Please notice that we must do something with that va voxelarmy server by nop lol, its out of date.
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

Yeah, we are trying to make a cohesive decision about his server so ill make sure to update you when the changes are made.

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

Expletives are often used in order to build rapport between people of the same community or people who are very close friends in Australian society. This mod would need to be able to detect the seriousness of the use of bad language to be able to rightfully kick people. I say its too hard, besides this has happened once. It will keep happening. Learn to ignore, kick, or just change server if someone is annoying you.
FragGoD1

Post by FragGoD1 »

Yeah sure death, but changing server wont change anything, how about me giving deathstar that abuse protection file so he could somehow get in touch with nop and enable it.
Hope ya all had a wonderful xmas, (I got my gift XD)