New tag mode

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
Fredd
Recruitment Officer
Playstyle: fragger

Re: New tag mode

Post by Fredd »

Deathstar you had and Idea and made it happen, i think this is amazing becuase you showed me that if there is something i want to do all i need to do is persist and keep trying we had some times where it didnt work but now i think its an epic gamemode.

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

very cool addition DeathStar, working hard as usual. I hope some responsibility will be taken off thos sore shoulders of yours now that I'm back.
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Post by DeathStar »

:D Glad that you're back Death14 and thank you Fredd

As far as tag mode, it worked but it was a little buggy. The issues I had were that after a long period of time, the tool would have trouble assigning who is it when there are very few people on the server. Over time, since it randomly generated numbers between 0 and number_of_clients_connected, if the number it generated wasn't connected for some reason (they left), it would crash. I added code to re-assign someone else to be it when the person who is it leaves but it really seems as if the whole thing is quite buggy.

I have disabled the entire tag mode now, but don't worry, i'm not taking away a toy without leaving you with another:

The #stats command has been completely reworked. I think it is almost too extensive lol.
CN, frags, deaths, suicides, kpd, acc, team kills, flags scored, flags stolen, flags returned, location, shotgun acc, chain gun acc, rocket launcher acc, rifle acc, grenade launcher acc, pistol acc and more coming soon.