Registered here with attempt to find mappers

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
TristamK
Playstyle: mapper

Registered here with attempt to find mappers

Post by TristamK »

As i say on the SauerWorld (here you can read much more http://sauerworld.org/forum/index.php?t ... 95#msg2295) i organized a small community (Russian Sauer Mapping Community) of mappers who are united by a common idea of ​​improving their skills in the creation of those or other things in the editor Cube 2 Sauerbraten.
At the moment, despite the loud name (which it was decided to take because of its brevity and simplicity), we are a modest group of people who are united by a common idea of ​​improving their skills in the creation of those or other things in the editor Cube 2 Sauerbraten.

At this point, a centralized and uniform improvement skills of all members of our small group, we conduct a so-called Challenges. These kind of tests with the time limit, aimed at creating a map or a decorative object for the allotted time (from 3 days to a month). At the same time as the map can simply contain decorative objects, also it can be created for the Race mode.

Why Race?

It is sad, but iCTF still is most popular game mode with already well-established set of maps. At the same time the other modes, including the new, added with the latest update, remain extremely unpopular. So you need or do mapss for ICTF, which is already have a lot of map and no one of they are not particularly interested in, or to make maps for the Race mode (popular mode), running on servers. Advantage of Race maps over the maps for other modes, that your map will see for sure, because the servers rotation occurs automatically and continuously. In addition, only the Race map can combine the high level of fulfillment and detail, fun to pass gameplay and the opportunity to tell any story or convey the idea. Also, Race map, a convenient way to display all your decorative creations that you otherwise only rarely have the chance to show to your friends at COOP mode on the servers. You built a castle but don't know what to do with it? Make a map around him!. You get from your clan a couple of houses? They will be an excellent decoration, where players will run through or near it!

What does membership in the association?

By the way, our joint actions have already yielded some results. At least we conducted six (!) Challenges, which resulted in 9 Race maps and 8 art objects from each of the participants have been created. Each of them received their own unique experience and knowledge that will help them to become better and to understand the things that they did not understand before.
My aim, as one of the participants, is that not only improve the quality of my work to the level of games in 2005-2008 (pick of the Sauer graphics level), but that the people, would not in any way associated with the games, when looking at my creations could say that they see beautiful things.

How to join?

Those who want to get into our conference of Vkontakte (russian social network), take a look on this theme in my "Cube 2 engine news" group https://new.vk.com/topic-25358857_35446886? tell about yourself and provide examples of your work. Even if you do not like this idea or if you don't speak in Russian, it is still possible to organize an adequate way of feedback and way to obtain information about new competitions \ Challenges (so it's a reason of posting it here). I mind about creating Discord group but it will be much more later. Your skill at the same time doesn't matter. Your clan also doesn't matter. We a not a clan ! Even if you don't have skill, we will tell you in which direction to start, and it will be first step that allow you join to us later.

And since, as i know, here mappers still active ( I heard about it in Discord :shock: . don't hurt me :D ) i want to try ask here someone who interested in partihipating.

I started a day ago 7th Challenge in this community.

Here a tranlation form Rus to ENG.
If we talk about the content of the summary task that I gave to participants, it sounds like so
-Maps with forest isn't a lot in Sauerbraten, so we will create a map with forest
-Tell No! to death. Use checkpoints. The scheme can be seen below. https://pp.vk.me/c636123/v636123525/20c ... P94tNU.jpg
-Time to pass without errors needs to be equal to 3 minutes
-We Can place a forest anywhere, be it the city or mountains. But on your map should prevail trees and greenery. With This blendmap will help you
-Just Think about the design of your areas for Race mode. Map should be varied.
-Your map must have a story. The story should be interesting so much so that the player would like to pass it to find out how it ended
-Background Should evoke emotion. Any. The main thing that it was not boring.

Period.
August 10, 2016 -> August 21, 2016 TERM 23-00
August 14, 2016 -> mandatory report on the work done.
Last edited by TristamK on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spectre
Playstyle: map/frag

Re: Registered here with attempt to find mappers

Post by Spectre »

What is it that you do, just improve editing skills, cause if that all then count me in.
TristamK

Post by TristamK »

Spectre wrote:count me in.
As I understand, this consent, right ? =)
Well. You can try take part in 7th Challenge. That isn't competition, yes. That just kind ofskill-test for all who take part.
Maybe It can take 10-15 hours to create it. i think. But you have 2 weeks for it. You can also end this map later then in 21\08\2016. Doen't matter if it will be finished or just prototyped It is better to try than not to try at all. :p
Also i can translate other task from 1-6 challenges if you want.

And 2 questions:
Are you using discord ?
Do you know any other mappers who may be interested in participating in things like this ?

Edit1: First post a bit imrpoved
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

I don't use discord, but I can be on IRC's and I don't know other people besides my friends here in va. I am not to skilled but I can make maps.
TristamK

Post by TristamK »

Spectre wrote:I don't use discord, but I can be on IRC's and I don't know other people besides my friends here in va. I am not to skilled but I can make maps.
Well. You a first english speaking mapper that i find who agree to participate =). If i will find more i will create group in discord (really useful program. Better then TeamSpeak. Also can work in browser).
Well you can start work on the race map with forest according the task. If you will get some questions or you you will need some ideas - tell about it to me here. I will help with all that i can :)
Last edited by TristamK on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Btw for your information I can speak a couple words of Russian.
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

Tristam, thanks a lot for posting here...

On behalf of va, I think we would love to participate and make a map that contributes to your little project you have going.

We have several members with discord who can come online, however... I don't think anyone speaks Russian.

Is it possible we can create a race map as a clan?

If so, could you clarify just when we must have this race map complete by?

Thanks
Va Team.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Infinity speaks Russian fluently so maybe fredd does too.
TristamK

Post by TristamK »

Spectre wrote:Btw for your information I can speak a couple words of Russian.
Nice to know :)
Spectre wrote:Infinity speaks Russian fluently so maybe fredd does too.
At this moment i have only one conversation in VK, where all speak russian and all have very low english knowleage. I can add all who want (i mean Infinity and you, Spectre) to this conversation but a small language barrier may occur.
Death14 wrote:
On behalf of va, I think we would love to participate and make a map that contributes to your little project you have going.
Thank you. Perhaps with time, this idea will be a much more interesting for mappers.
Death14 wrote: We have several members with discord who can come online, however... I don't think anyone speaks Russian.
The problem with language is not the biggest at the moment. With Russian mappers DAI promised to help me (but he inactive at this moment -_-) . The problem is to find who would agree to participate in it, practice and raise in skill with other.
Death14 wrote: Is it possible we can create a race map as a clan?

Why not ? :) Although I would prefer that there was a map from each of the participants. But for now you can try to make a clan map. Will be interesting with what result you become. [/quote]
Death14 wrote: If so, could you clarify just when we must have this race map complete by?
what about August 26-27, 2016 ?
I'm not sure that I will have access to the Internet at the beginning of September. Or do you have planned a big project, so you need more time? :p
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

TristamK wrote: what about August 26-27, 2016 ?
I'm not sure that I will have access to the Internet at the beginning of September. Or do you have planned a big project, so you need more time? :p
We pride ourselves on the quality of our maps, but i know some of our members wont have much time to make an aesthetically pleasing map that also flows well for race modes. Thus, I wanted us to make one as a clan, since we are a fairly new clan and I want to encourage participation across the board.

We will try get a race map complete during the time period and submit it to you. Thanks!