modifying SDL script

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
1000gamberi
Playstyle: mapper

modifying SDL script

Post by 1000gamberi »

hello,

has anyone tried to modify the SDL script with Xcode or something?

I'd like to change a couple of things for a wwise project, like reducing the time in air as it's been done here in this video at 2.40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3ujEN ... _U&index=1

or adding different pickups for the ammo as there's only one and it seems a little bit restrictive in terms of sound design.

however, it keeps giving me this error message: "AK/SoundEngine/Common/AkTypes.h not found". does anybody know what that means? I had a look and that file is there. both .cpp and .h, so why is it giving an error?

1000gamberi
Infinity
Recruitment Officer
Playstyle: map/frag

Re: modifying SDL script

Post by Infinity »

That video is very good, I am not a coder or a sound maker myself, but you have done a really good job according to the video
Never give up.. You just say you can't but you can if you put your mind in the right place
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Post by DeathStar »

hello 1000gamberi,

From the looks of the error code, it cannot locate the header file, specifically "AK/SoundEngine/Common/AkTypes.h" Even if the file is there, it could be in the wrong directory. Another file references, or includes the AkTypes.h file and it could be referencing an invalid directory. For example, if there is a file named "main.cpp" that is in main/main.cpp and it is looking for AkTypes.h, the code in main.cpp could read: #include "AK/SoundEngine/Common/AkTypes.h" but the AkTypes.h file could be in a different folder, essentially it should read #include "path/from/main/main.cpp/to/AkTypes.h"

In simple words,
It is an error in which the file is not referenced or included properly in the code.
1000gamberi
Playstyle: mapper

Post by 1000gamberi »

hello,

thanks for replying.

I imagined that, so I looked up on the internet for the AkTypes.h file and I found something here:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/ed ... ource.html

I copied the code into a text file and named it .h, then I moved it in the right section (see attached picture). still not working.

weird thing is also that there are two files in the same folder that should not be there as the color is red (see attached picture), however, I looked into the folder and the files are there. I dragged them in the main folder but the original problem is still there.

what might be the solution?

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.24.27.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.24.27.png (36.57 KiB) Viewed 9072 times

1000gamberi
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Post by DeathStar »

No problem :)

Looks like the red highlighting syntax indicates duplicate file names. I think for the purpose of fixing this include issue, you must find which files include/reference the AkTypes.h file, rather than looking at the source code of the AkTypes.h file itself.

I did a google search for #include 'AkTypes.h' which lead me to a GitHub page:
https://github.com/ryankearney/librarie ... Types.h%22

On that page, I found which files included it. It is possible that these includes in those files are wrong, or that the AkTypes.h file itself is in the wrong place.

For example, I saw on the picture of you xCode project that you had a lot of directories before Common/AkTypes.h, however in the GitHub project, the file is included like this: #include <AK/SoundEngine/Common/AkTypes.h>

#include <wWise/SDK/samples/SoundEngine/Common/AkTypes.h> seems to be the proper include code for your xCode project.

Looks like there's about 20 occurrences or more of the include code for that file. It could also be off for other files :O.

You got a lot of work to do if you want to get that working, or possibly you can seek help from the sound engine devteam or try another release.
nopnotme
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by nopnotme »

Looks like duplicated file names in same directory are red. Remove these and be sure file paths are correct. Also be sure to build/make your project after edits so they are recompiled from the src.