Sauerbraten is dying!

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Sauerbraten is dying!

Post by DeathStar »

Hey everyone,

It saddens me to notify you that cube 2: Sauerbraten is dying. Read more about it here.

In addition to the entire game dying, our clan has had a lot of inactivity lately. If you can, please just leave discord open or the forums. This will allow other members to see that you are online. Also, join the chat channel on discord.

If you want to save this game/clan from inactivity, you have to participate yourself. :cry:
Mayronaise
Playstyle: map/frag

Re: Sauerbraten is dying!

Post by Mayronaise »

So when Acuerta says Sauer is dying, it is officially dying? xD I've been hearing that Sauer is dying and that it is a dead game since I started playing in 2013. The community fluctuates, it has it's highs and it's lows.
eh
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Mayronaise wrote:So when Acuerta says Sauer is dying, it is officially dying? xD I've been hearing that Sauer is dying and that it is a dead game since I started playing in 2013. The community fluctuates, it has it's highs and it's lows.
It's not just him that says it's dying. The lead developer quit working on Cube 2 and that leaves eihrul to do a lot of the work himself. The mac developer left years ago and the community just isn't as big as it used to be. Now it's getting so bad, sometimes the top server has only 8-10 people on it. So it actually is dying now, but before, people had faith in the new version, now it's just a dream that people have.
Mayronaise
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by Mayronaise »

dude, aardappel stopped working on cube 2 ages ago, also the new version is development, you can see the updates on sourceforge
eh
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Yeah Aardapel and Baby-rabbit (the mac dev) left ages ago.

Sauerbraten used to have new releases yearly or bi-anually, but it's been 4 years and the changes made to the svn are minuscule. A couple new maps, some bug fixes.