To answer.

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
Fredd
Recruitment Officer
Playstyle: fragger

To answer.

Post by Fredd »

Recently lots of people have asked me "how do i do it?" and after telling people i practise over and over again i realised that these people arnt improving. i was in school today and i was thinking how could i explain this and make it relvent to everyone and i came up with this. When you want to become better at the thing you love there is a "Peformance zone" and a "Learning Zone"
now everyone was in the learning zone at one time, and when you tell yourself that your good enough is when you stop learning. Of coure spending time getting your aim on point works, but i have found that its your tequniques that count. Then i got stuck and i was like well i have everything i need to know what else could there be. And there i was with out realising that i was stating and showing myself that i was still in the perfomance zone and i was not ready to go into the learning zone to get better. So i look at people who i look up to and see what they do that makes them better than me, Death14 is a perfect example becuase he reliys on killing you before you can even see him. Death14 uses a technique that allows him to see you and put his cursour where you are almost instant and for this very reason makes him dominate, so next i wondered how can i master this skill and then it hit me. Dueling a level 85-90 bot and i would have to kill him as he spawns and if i miss i then have to suicide, This will mean that the bot gets an advantage you need to strive to beat this bot, you will only have this skill mastered if you can beat this bot by 10+

Step 1: Stop putting yourself in the performance zone.
Step 2: Prepare for Losing and fails
Step 3: Find someone you strive to beat
Step 4: Duel them or watch them play
Step 5: Find somthing that they do that you dont
Step 6: Find a way to master this skill

(In my case it was spawnkilling get to know the spawnplaces and then my way to master this skill was using a bot and if i didnt hit him 1st go i would have to suicide and still try beat him by only hitting him on first shot)

Hope this helped. -Fredd

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
FragGoD1

Re: To answer.

Post by FragGoD1 »

Ty this helped me alot freddy
P L A Y M O R E F R A G M O R E :evil:
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

Spawn killing is easy lol I learned it when I first learned this game
When you lose, you get better. When you win you practice more!

Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

Zob and here is my point im sure there is someone out there we you want to beat, right?

well for me i needed to learn this and it helped so you go and see what does this person do that you don't and try a learn that skill.

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

I mean yeah but I don't really focus on just beating a person in a duel because that means nothing in my opinion. If you don't have the skill in a team game and no smartness and good communication, then you won't have much success. That why I don't like dueling and why I practice flagruns in private with jawer for a long time. Duels can be fun but I'd rather everyone to start practicing there public game skills so when I get the flag you guys arnt all dead and then I'm screwed. That just me tough
When you lose, you get better. When you win you practice more!