server keys/rules/tournaments/events/expansion

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

server keys/rules/tournaments/events/expansion

Post by DeathStar »

Server keys
- The va|VoxelArmy server should either be taken down, or keys should be added for all members
if nopnotme is not going to be active, or at least let me take control of the server, I think we don't need a server that our own members keep getting banned from, that has an inconsistent name with the other va server, that has an outdated URL for our website in the join message, that I myself don't even have auth on, i'm a leader. Other members don't have auth on that server but do on mine, and it's a confusing nightmare of a mess. The names, motd, authkeys and more need reorganization! I have been saying this stuff for almost 2 months now

If it's our main server and it doesn't have the right website URL, how is anyone going to check us out? Also didn't we buy the www.voxelarmy.com domain for a reason? So we can rid ourselves of nasty voxelarmy.createaforum.com urls?

How can we even play on our own server if we keep getting banned from it? If members can't even claim auth on it to start games?

- The servers should be more organized

Rules
- The rules page has been updated. Please don't use aliases

Tournaments
- I think we need multiple tournaments to really get everyone accommodated
Nighthawk, please look for two different days that we can plan to host them on
Make sure the two different days work for all the members with timezones

Events
- We will also plan our first non-intern fragging tournament soon. Night_Hawk and I will talk

Expansion
- We should expand to other games. This will bring activity and a diversity. We can play a variety of games and host servers/tournaments in all of them!
Night_Hawk
Leaders

Re: server keys/rules/tournaments/events/expansion

Post by Night_Hawk »

I am going to postpone the tournament i just scheduled to after the new year, between the 10th and 20th of January.. Times will be the same, please everyone look at my post, its at the top of the page in Clan Discussion, there is a screenshot of timezones i have gathered. If you are interested please reply to That post not this one and also your timezone so i can add more cities to the table. I will also be making a countdown clock to be configured to my timezone so please do not get confused if it says event in Melbourne, it's just so i know the time is set correctly and other timezones wont change on me like last time. :)

Any questions about times/dates feel free to PM Myself.

With expansions, i used to find Assault Cube interesting, some of you may know it, its similar to Cube 2, but my opinion is more realistic, Tesseract is coming out soon or already out? We should also expand into that game. :)
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Yes tesseract is absolutely AMAZING.

Eihrul implemented dynamic lighting, no /calclight needed, it's all automatic.

Also the menus have been revamped to allow different text/image sizing.

Crouch was added.

Also the game can be compiled easily on Mac, Linux and Windows allowing developers to make it even more awesome.

Only problem is no one plays it. Let's change that.
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

If anyone can get ahold of nop, get him to take that server down asap.

Regarding events and suchforth, im also willing to help out as much as possible, don't hesitate to ask me.

Tesseract is amazing. :D
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Sweet thank you Death14, good to have you back I know you were studying your ass off for a while.

Lets plan on setting some soft dates for the tournaments and events :).
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

DeathStar wrote:Sweet thank you Death14, good to have you back I know you were studying your ass off for a while.

Lets plan on setting some soft dates for the tournaments and events :).
Thanks mate!! Very keen :)
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

I was talking to Nop and i asked about the server then all of a sudden he just left the game after i asked so idk whats going on..

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
GustavoLapasta

Post by GustavoLapasta »

This post got my attention. I've been trying to promote Tesseract for months, with close to zero success.
I happen to understand that the development resources at the moment are focused on a new release of Sauer, rather than Tesseract; anyway if you have any idea that could give some more momentum to Tesseract, count me in.
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

GustavoLapasta wrote:This post got my attention. I've been trying to promote Tesseract for months, with close to zero success.
I happen to understand that the development resources at the moment are focused on a new release of Sauer, rather than Tesseract; anyway if you have any idea that could give some more momentum to Tesseract, count me in.
I think that tesseract isnt getting the attention that it deservers, I have an idea that may bring some attention to it. People they have played sauer for a while and they are used to it so maybe if we make a contest on tesseract and give a reward like maybe they can have a banner up in the pastaland bot chat like the jokes and stuff, and every month there is a new chance to win

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
Spectre
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by Spectre »

Death14 wrote:If anyone can get ahold of nop, get him to take that server down asap.
Death14,
I have nopnotme's email if you want me to hit him up? I can tell him to remove it.