Server Idea

Discussion of server or client modifications. Custom hudguns, GUI's, websites, etc.
Rasta
Playstyle: map/frag

Server Idea

Post by Rasta »

Hola all, I have a great idea for a server/script, so most of us know that va is not the biggest and best (skill wise) clan, but va is young and growing bigger and better everyday, a major thing that helps clans grow are servers, especially popular servers so... most popular servers are public servers so what everyone should think about is making a public server like pastaland is and like DEMOPHOBIA was, i had a script idea like how pastaland has rugby mode where you shoot someone with the flag and it gives them it, what if we do where you can shoot the flag and it gives you a point instead of shooting to a person??? 8-)

Drop what you think, ideas and comments below 8-)
~ Rastafari 8-)
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Re: Server Idea

Post by DeathStar »

Rasta wrote:Hola all, I have a great idea for a server/script, so most of us know that va is not the biggest and best (skill wise) clan, but va is young and growing bigger and better everyday, a major thing that helps clans grow are servers, especially popular servers so... most popular servers are public servers so what everyone should think about is making a public server like pastaland is and like DEMOPHOBIA was, i had a script idea like how pastaland has rugby mode where you shoot someone with the flag and it gives them it, what if we do where you can shoot the flag and it gives you a point instead of shooting to a person??? 8-)

Drop what you think, ideas and comments below 8-)
I was talking to Rudi about developing a custom client and server mod duo. I could easily include pass the flag, server sent maps, points, stats, and a lot more.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

Hell yea amigo, but what do you think about expanding the clan to also being a public clan with public servers to go along with the mapping and competitive fragging chapters? 8-)
~ Rastafari 8-)
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

Im 50/50 on this

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here
TheLiquorSnurf

Post by TheLiquorSnurf »

We for sure are going to revamp our server line up. Big thanks to Deathstar for all of his hard work on the technical side

I like the idea of having this:

va|BATTLEGROUND - iCTF with pass the flag or something and a rank/stats system that links to a league we create

va|INSTA_CUSTOM - instagib featuring only our custom maps

va|EFFIC_CUSTOM - effic featuring only our custom maps

va|LIONSDEN - private server used for wars and training only, our utility server so to speak
"I am the liquor"
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

i like the ideas, but those names... "va|Battlegrounds" sounds more like our war server should be
then for like public we could do something like "VoxelArena" or something like that you know, dont just state the obvious like: "va|iCTF server", try to give it a cool name. 8-)
Last edited by Rasta on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Rastafari 8-)
TheLiquorSnurf

Post by TheLiquorSnurf »

It was just an idea, when the leadership chats again we will figure out the next step for us server wise
"I am the liquor"
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

I will be building an entire custom client. We can literally do whatever we want with it.

Here are some of my ideas:
- custom auto sent maps of every mode stored on the server
- killing spree voice packs and more emphasized text in middle of screen
- footstep sounds
- new hudguns
- new player models
- new menus
- enhanced weapon flare and underwater muzzle flash
- new sound packs
- scoreboard with country flags, frags, deaths, acc
- frags, deaths, acc, flags, etc listed on screen
- enhanced kill messages
- flagrun timer big
- anti-cheat modified client detection (closed binary with obfuscation/pak/memlock)
- and much more, please leave your ideas as a reply to this post.

As far as the custom servers for a non-modified client:
- effic server only coming soon
- insta team and efficteam coming soon
- working on autosendmap with ctf modes and flags (may need custom client)
- more custom servers soon, keep the ideas coming.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

nice, i think we should do a tournament server like psl and ssl, and another cool i think we could do is come up with a server like zombies or hide and seek but something different, some type of game server 8-)
~ Rastafari 8-)
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

Hey DeathStar, nice stuff with the introduction of passing the flag on va US. We gave it a go last night and it worked exceptionally well in insta!

In effic however, Night_Hawk was using the machine gun to boost himself towards the flag and acidentally passed the flag with the machine gun. I was trying to take advantage of this (we were playing on Authentic) by stealing the flag and spraying my machine gun at a teammate, it works really well, almost too well. I propose we make 'passing the flag' only able to happen with a rifle shot at a teammate. That way you don't get people accidentally passing the flag off, I also accidentally passed it when doing a rocket jump I think.