Server Idea

Discussion of server or client modifications. Custom hudguns, GUI's, websites, etc.
Night_Hawk
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Re: Server Idea

Post by Night_Hawk »

Yeah rifle only pass is the only way to go...
I also had flags passed to me and teammates if 2 of us were fighting same enemy flags were passed between us and was hard fo defend..

Also if you pass the flag the flagrun time should be the time taken from taking flag to scoring no matter how many passes made.. there is a bug that if someone passes to me for example and im next to the flag then score, the time recorded is from when i receive and score wich might be less than 1 second..
Spectre
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by Spectre »

Death14 wrote:Hey DeathStar, nice stuff with the introduction of passing the flag on va US. We gave it a go last night and it worked exceptionally well in insta!

In effic however, Night_Hawk was using the machine gun to boost himself towards the flag and acidentally passed the flag with the machine gun. I was trying to take advantage of this (we were playing on Authentic) by stealing the flag and spraying my machine gun at a teammate, it works really well, almost too well. I propose we make 'passing the flag' only able to happen with a rifle shot at a teammate. That way you don't get people accidentally passing the flag off, I also accidentally passed it when doing a rocket jump I think.
Ah I have had issues with that too Death14, tbh it pisses me off, I like only having pass-the-flag with rifle. :)
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

They'll be a toggle to turn it on and off.

#riflepassonly 1 to turn it on and #riflepassonly 0 to turn it off.

I've heard a lot of mixed things about enabling it for other weapons and just rifle.

As far as the flagrun timer, it needs to simply add the first stealers flag time to the passed person, then display that.

I have been working on bigger things: IRC, smartbot, chat link, weather and general debugging, remote admin, custom servers, custom maps and more. I need to get a stable version of the code before I work on the little things, but that doesn't mean I won't be fixing/adding all this stuff soon. It's just more important to have a server that doesn't crash than to have a million features.
Death14
Founders

Post by Death14 »

DeathStar wrote:It's just more important to have a server that doesn't crash than to have a million features.
+1
Shikijo

Post by Shikijo »

Are you adding all that to Qserv or what? or new servermod?
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

pass the flag is apart of QServ but I still haven't implemented selective weapon passing.