Proposed training ideas

Members should discuss anything to do with specifically Fragging in this thread.
h8_
Playstyle: fragger

Proposed training ideas

Post by h8_ »

It's great when people come online on the weekend and we have some great 2v2 intern matches and on a good day some 3v3. Those are great fun but leave something to be desired. I have a good idea of how my team-mates play and here are some ideas how we can improve teamwork/strategy:

* Join seperate teamspeak channels: It's great to hear rudi/deathstar rage or fredd's banter but since we are all on the same channel, our messages are received by the enemy team. So if I have the flag and want to let my teammate know that I'm low on health, the enemy hears that as well and can rush me etc. Basically any message that I want to share exclusively with my teammate also gets shared with the enemy team and that leaves little room for strategics.

* Training schedule: Instead of having games just for fun (which we can do any day of the week), we can schedule weekends for some serious training games. Here's a post by swatllama about casual games/mixes and I agree with his viewpoint: http://www.sauerworld.org/editorial-a-v ... -on-mixes/
Mixes get people involved in casual games. Mixes let us have a pretty evenly matched up game and don’t get put into stressful situations where we HAVE to score the flag or we’ve let down our whole clan. Mixes don’t give us competition, something you humans innately love. They let us grow complacent, casually grabbing flags and rocket jumping like an Impressive R̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶ Shithead back to our base, running around and gunning without much thinking. They’ve killed serious team games. They’ve killed competition.

We generally coordinate more during a clanwar. Last time [tBMC] did a clanwar, ztk, wickedjoe, and I were all in mumble together coordinating where we’d attack from, when to attack, where the enemies were coming from, how neon is completely raping us. But when we play a mix, I don’t generally have my headset on. I understand some people still mumble during a mix, but when I’ve done that, we usually talk more about our cocks and fucking bitches than the game. A clanwar is actually a team game. There’s coordination, communication, teamwork… a mix is simply running around alone without coordination. Any “teamwork” that happens is by coincidence. In that way, it’s very much eTeam with a five second respawn time and flags (but the flags don’t really matter).

Thoughts?
Night_Hawk
Leaders

Re: Proposed training ideas

Post by Night_Hawk »

If DeathStar can, I'm pretty sure the owner can set up Good/Evil teams so you change channel's depending on what team you're in. Im not sure if TS does this though..

I should be more active from next week, work is busy atm and finding a new job but once that slows down ill start organising some team games maybe even team tournaments similar to what sauerworld did but intern with randomised teams.. I'll probably organise this after the new year to ensure we have enough notice..

But great idea!
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

why the hell is it that I can never to intern matches cause of my shitty ass time zone... I really want to do this:( I've never done one yet with you guys.
When you lose, you get better. When you win you practice more!

Night_Hawk
Leaders

Post by Night_Hawk »

ZobErZ wrote:why the hell is it that I can never to intern matches cause of my shitty ass time zone... I really want to do this:( I've never done one yet with you guys.
Move to Australia :D you won't be disappointed xD
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

hahah I know man
When you lose, you get better. When you win you practice more!