Xuvo: Cube 2 Sauerbraten Client Mod

Discussion of server or client modifications. Custom hudguns, GUI's, websites, etc.
Death14
Founders

Re: Xuvo

Post by Death14 »

If its mac, its two finger click.
Spectre
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by Spectre »

K im using Xuvo now, I love it, i am going to keep Xuvo but might try ComEd
DeathStar
Leaders
Playstyle: fragger

Post by DeathStar »

Right click is two fingers on the trackpad and one click
gear

Post by gear »

Hey guys haha, so I downloaded this and overwrote my sauerbraten folder now I have many textures errors (like the texture pallet F2 in edit mode for example). I didn't back up my game so im kinda screwed xD. And how do I access the custom editing menu with blending, fog, particles etc...? ty :)
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

gear wrote:Hey guys haha, so I downloaded this and overwrote my sauerbraten folder now I have many textures errors (like the texture pallet F2 in edit mode for example). I didn't back up my game so im kinda screwed xD. And how do I access the custom editing menu with blending, fog, particles etc...? ty :)
The menu can be accessed by pressing X and then clicking on custom editing gui.

Re-download Sauerbraten to fix your game. Make a backup of the packages and data folders. Try to apply the mod again, the download or file replacement may have corrupted and lost you some textures.

The README Included with the download:

Xuvo was designed to be very easy to install.

1) Goto your Sauerbraten home folder
2) Make a copy of your current data and packages folders for backup (so you can restore regular sauer)
3) Replace the data and packages folders with the new ones
4) You’re done, open Sauerbraten and enjoy
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Spectre wrote:K im using Xuvo now, I love it, i am going to keep Xuvo but might try ComEd
Awesome, glad you like it :).

I'm gunna write a c++ version of a mod and it will be a whole new game, pretty much.

Also check out SauerEnhanced, it was the other really cool client mod.
gear

Post by gear »

DeathStar wrote:
gear wrote:Hey guys haha, so I downloaded this and overwrote my sauerbraten folder now I have many textures errors (like the texture pallet F2 in edit mode for example). I didn't back up my game so im kinda screwed xD. And how do I access the custom editing menu with blending, fog, particles etc...? ty :)
The menu can be accessed by pressing X and then clicking on custom editing gui.

Re-download Sauerbraten to fix your game. Make a backup of the packages and data folders. Try to apply the mod again, the download or file replacement may have corrupted and lost you some textures.

The README Included with the download:

Xuvo was designed to be very easy to install.

1) Goto your Sauerbraten home folder
2) Make a copy of your current data and packages folders for backup (so you can restore regular sauer)
3) Replace the data and packages folders with the new ones
4) You’re done, open Sauerbraten and enjoy
Cool, I re-downloaded sauerbraten and tried to apply the mod again but resulted with same texture errors. I'm guessing my Xuvo download may of been corrupt so i'm downloading Xuvo again to see :) I'll let you know if it works out.

edit: I got a fresh version of Xuvo and Sauerbraten and I'm still getting those texture errors unfortunately :(
I added an attachment to show what I'm getting.
Attachments
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (615.5 KiB) Viewed 12707 times
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Some bizarre errors. No one else had that problem, but I'll look into it today. I'll try installing and see if it happens to me. Seems very strange like its missing textures in the packages folder. Very very strange.

I'll try and sort it out when I get home
gear

Post by gear »

So I found the error, happened to be a corrupted file or something, it was the guioverlay.png that was causing the error so I just replaced that now we're all good except for the fact that CTF flags dont have textures, probably another corrupted file but doesnt bother me that much.
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

gear wrote: So I found the error, happened to be a corrupted file or something, it was the guioverlay.png that was causing the error so I just replaced that now we're all good except for the fact that CTF flags dont have textures, probably another corrupted file but doesnt bother me that much.
I completely repackaged the mod and found the corrupt files.
You were right the following images were in the wrong format:
-data/guioverlay.png
-packages/models/flags/red/skin.jpg
-packages/models/flags/blue/skin.jpg

I also added a grey overlay on the wood for the neutral grey flag
- packages/models/flags/neutral/skin.jpg

If you are still using the mod, and want the flags and guioverlay.png fixed, please use one of the download links on the main mod page. Hope this helps so your flags don't say notexture ^.^